Minwax Soft Touch Finishing Wax protects bare and stained wood with a hand-rubbed matte finish that’s soft to the touch. Ideal for small projects, furniture, cabinets and more.
- Provides protection and adds a soft matte finish.
- Apply to bare or already stained wood and painted surfaces.
- Easy one coat appliation, cures in approximately 1 hour.
- Oil based formula cleans up with mineral spirits.
- NOT RECOMMENDED FOR LARGE SURFACES, SUCH AS FLOORS.
|Location:||interior wood surfaces|
|Recoat:||no recoat needed|
|Dry Time:||1 hour|
|Cleanup:||Mineral Spirits or VOC compliant cleaner|
|Coverage:||60-75 sq ft per 8 oz.|
|Recommended Uses:||Ideal for furniture, cabinents, trim and more|
- Soft Touch wax can be applied to bare/stripped wood or painted and stained wood.
- When starting with bare wood, make sure it’s clean and dry.
- For best results, start with a medium-grit sand paper and increase the grit as you go, finishing with #220 as final sand. Remove sanding dust.
- When starting with stained or painted wood, make sure it’s clean and dry, and does not have a protective top coat finish.
- Test before applying on a hidden spot to make sure you like the look.
- Stir wax thoroughly before and occasionally during use.
- With a clean rag, apply wax evenly and in a circular motion.
- Allow wax to dry 5-10 minutes before buffng.
- With a clean, lint-free rag, buff excess wax off.
- Reapply wax as needed.
Cleanup: Mineral spirits or VOC compliant cleaner. Follow manufacturer’s safety instructions.
Total Coverage: 60-75 sq. ft. per 8 fl. oz
CONTAINS PETROLEUM NAPHTHA. Contents are COMBUSTIBLE. Keep away from heat and open flame.
VAPOR HARMFUL. Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid over exposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM OVEREXPOSURE. Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS A SOFT TOUCH FINISHING WAX?
It protects bare, stained & painted wood with a hand-rubbed matte finish that’s soft to the touch.
HOW DO I APPLY MINWAX SOFT TOUCH FINISHING WAX?
Before use, stir the wax thoroughly. Apply a thin even coat of Minwax Soft Touch Finishing Wax with a lint free rag to project in a circular motion covering the entire surface. Allow wax to dry 5-10 minutes. With a clean, lint free rag, buff excess wax off. Allow to cure for approximately 1 hour before light handling.
CAN I APPLY SOFT TOUCH FINISHING WAX OVER OIL BASED STAIN AND WATER BASED STAIN?
Yes. Minwax Soft Touch Finishing Wax can be applied over oil based stain such as Minwax® Wood Finish™ stain or water based stain such as Minwax® Water-based stain. It can also be applied over painted wood surfaces without altering the color.